February 15, 2009

Babies & Your Career Development

Being a new mom and a recruiter who specializes in helping people find new jobs and careers, I couldn't pass up posting this slideshare. And for good measure, I'm throwing in a darling picture of my daughter, Ryleigh who is now 9 weeks and the absolute love of my life.

What I often see from job seekers that is keeping them from being successful in their job search is Number 2, "Where you are going and why". When speaking with a recruiter or hiring manager, you need to have a plan and a clear idea and understanding of how you plan to get to your end point and execute that plan. Don't just tell me you're looking for a career change. Tell me about the steps, preparation, and training you have taken after making the decision to make a change. It's like getting in the car and driving without knowing the address of where you are supposed to go.

I also want highlight Number 1 in the slideshare, "Sleep, Blissful Sleep." You and only you are in control of your destiny. Others that do nothing tend to have a self-fulfilling prophecy. Get out there. Know what your goal is. Plan and GO FOR IT!!

Enjoy! Please leave your comments below. I always love to hear your thoughts and insights.