- Creative Marketing Materials-Get noticed with unusual business cards or a video resume on CD or jump drive.
- Rent an airplane banner-Although expensive, this will definitely get people's attention. Use your website to draw people in and go from there.
- YouTube Video-Start a sensation with a YouTube video. These videos can be reposted on blogs like this one and myspace and facebook pages. Start a grass roots event using your online network.
- Speak Publicly every chance you get-Give public presentations and speeches at every opportunity to broaden your network and your public image. Make sure you have those marketing materials handy.
- Be googleable. Get your name and information out on the world wide web. Get a website, a blog, or a myspace, facebook page. Get on zoominfo. Customers, clients, and prospective companies often google candidates during the hiring process.
Setting yourself apart from the rest takes time and a lot of effort. Do what's right for you and good things will follow.
Next time. . . The Salary Negotiation Process