January 4, 2008

The Proof is in the Pudding. . .

Another interesting article on networking. See below. Sometimes attending every networking function isn't a good idea. I'm more for Quality not Quantity.

http://men.style.com/details/features/full?id=content_5871&pageNum=2

Funny story from one of my recent candidates who was recommended to me by a networking contact. My candidate was shopping at the $1 store when a woman asked her if she was looking for a job. Through the course of the conversation, the candidate learned she was a HR Manager and that the position the HR Manager was recruiting for wasn't a fit for her. The HR Manager did, however, provide her with my information and some basic information on one of the Sales positions I was and am recruiting for. The candidate emailed me her resume later that day and the rest they say is history. Her first day was earlier this week!!

Ever wondered about posting your resume on one of the online job boards? Tune in next time to find out. . .